KingsWay international enrolment

Applications for Primary and Middle School students are accepted throughout the year. Senior School students who are applying for Years 11 and above are should apply to start their schooling at the beginning of the year due to NCEA internal assesments.


Application Forms

All applicants are required to submit Application Forms. Once the school has received these, along with your required documentation, we will contact you for an interview.

Application Form for Primary Students: CLICK HERE 

Application Form for Secondary Students: CLICK HERE

Cyber Safety Agreement (both Primary and Secondary): CLICK HERE

Confidential Report from the last school attended by the student: CLICK HERE. This needs to be filled in by the latest school attended and returned to KingsWay School directly to

Required Documents With the Submission of Application Forms

Please collect all necessary documentation before starting the application process.

Copies of the following documents need to be scanned and emailed with the required Enrolment Form. 
ALL formal documents must be translated into English (Birth Certificate, Immunisation Certificate and School Reports).

  • most recent School Report
  • a copy of the passport photo page of the student
  • a copy of the passport photo page of the parent or legal guardian if the student is in Primary School


Once your online application has been submitted, the school will contact you and an interview will be arranged. This may be via Skype, WeChat, KakaoTalk or phone if the student is not in New Zealand. If the student is in New Zealand, and an interview will be arranged at school. Students need to have adequate functional English skills and may be referred to a Language Centre prior to starting their schooling.

Offer of Place

If accepted, the student will be issued an invoice of school fees and an Offer of Place which has start and end dates and fees details.


Once payment is received, a receipt is issued. The receipt and the Offer of Place will be needed for the visa application.

Visa Application

Did you know that you can now apply for your student visa to study in New Zealand online?
Immigration New Zealand has launched ONLINE-Student, a visa application service that allows you to apply, pay fees and upload supporting documents online. The new service is available if you are a full fee paying, scholarship, exchange or English language student.
Until label-less (e-visas) became widely available in 2015, you will need to provide your passport, either through Visa Application Centres offshore or, if you are already in New Zealand, through the Immigration New Zealand Palmerston North office.

CLICK HERE for the Immigration New Zealand website.


If your child requires a Homestay whilst at KingsWay School, we will endeavour to to match the student's needs as best as possible. If parents wish the student to stay in Designated Care (with a family member or close friend of the family), the accommodation has to be approved by the school. ALL members living in Designated Care home who are 18 years or older will be police vetted. 
For further information, please go to our Homestay section of this website - CLICK HERE.

Medical and Travel Insurance

Medical and Travel Insurance is a legal requirement for International students. The school can arrange insurance through a New Zealand provider if requested.

Once the Student Arrives in New Zealand

The school must be notified of the arrival time and flight details of the student. Additionally, the school must be notified if the student does not have a contact in New Zealand who can fetch them from the airport. This can be arranged at an added cost. Students will be introduced to their host families and settled into their new homes. 

When students arrive at school, they can purchase uniforms at the Uniform Shop situated at the Senior School. They will be given and orientation of the school and will have an English assessment to establish their level. Senior students will meet with the Head of Senior School to discuss their subjects.


For further information regarding all aspects of International Students at KingsWay School please read the International Student Handbook:

International Student Handbook ENGLISH

International Student Handbook KOREAN

Emergency 24/7 Contact Number

Emergency 24/7 contact number for International students at KingsWay School is 021 0274 8233.

KingsWay School | PO Box 54, Red Beach, 0945
KingsWay Senior Campus : 100 Jelas Road, Red Beach | +64-9-427-0900 |
KingsWay Junior Campus : 2 Bonair Crescent, Silverdale | +64-9-421-9350 |