As we are coming to the end of 2016, Auckland Transport would like to take an opportunity to provide parents with the latest version of the Ministry of Education’s fact sheets on School Transport Assistance.
1. Eligibility for School Transport Assistance - CLICK HERE
2. Ministry-funded school bus service - CLICK HERE
3. School Bus Safety - behaviours and responsibilities - CLICK HERE
4. Special Education School Transport Assistance (SESTA) - CLICK HERE
We have received the following from Auckland Transport regarding the 011 Birkenhead bus service:
"Due to extremely low patronage of this service AT and Bayes Coachlines are reluctant to run these buses next year. The buses will continue until the end of Term 4, 2016 but we are not planning to run them in 2017. There are less than 10 students on these buses and it is not financially viable to continue this run.”
If parents wish to make a submission on this they should contact Bronwyn Coster at Auckland Transport directly, Bronwyn.Coster@at.govt.nz
Things to know
Catching Buses1. You pick up your bus in the mornings at a bus stop near your home (please refer to the bus routes below).
2. In the afternoons Primary students will meet together at the Junior Campus bus bay and will be transported to Longmore Lane bus bay so they can be put on the right ride home.
All Buses depart from Longmore Lane.
3. The Ministry Combined bus service provided by Ritchies. They will still require eligible students to have a colour coded bag tag so the routes they provide can be monitored. If you are eligible for using the Ministry Combined service routes please contact reception for the correct colour tag.
AT Hop Cards
1. Bayes Coachlines will not accept the 10-card concession ride/clip-cards. You MUST have an AT Hop card and you MUST tag on AND off the bus (or face the consequence: 3-Strikes of not tagging off = no ride on the bus as your card will be locked).Please CLICK HERE to view quick instructions to register your AT HOP Card.
NOTE: AT HOP cards must be registered to a specific person. If that person is over 16 years of age they will be charged adult fares unless you take your AT HOP card and Student ID to our closest Service Centre:
Albany Customer Service Centre: Northern Busway, 125 McClymonts Road, Albany
Operating hours: Monday to Friday 6.30am-7.00pm; Closed 11am-11:30am (lunch) Secondary Student Concessions on AT HOP cards are linked to each Student ID and will expire when the Student ID expires
If students have already visited the Albany Service Centre to load their student concession, please note that their concession will actually expire on the date their 2014 Student ID expires. Accordingly, students will need to visit the service centre again with their new 2015 Student ID to reload their eligibility for student concessions for the coming year.
Please refer to the information below for various routes near your area.
North Shore Public Bus Services
All of our North Shore buses are run by Bayes Coachlines.
Click on their website to view route details and select 'KingsWay School' www.bayescoachlines.co.nz/schoolservices
New Route for Whangaparaoa:
Last year Bayes Coachlines ran a new route to service students from Whangaparaoa and Manly. Please refer the route descriptions below for the best route for you to use.
Route 14 - Manly (click to open the pdf document) Please NOTE - there is a 5 minute change to this bus route
Route 12 - Gulf Harbour (click to open the pdf document)
Ministry Combined Services
The Ministry of Education provide a free shared Bus Service for the following areas:
Please Note: Where pdf links are available on the list below, there are no changes to the bus routes.
If there is no pdf link, the information is being updated and should be available by Friday, 29 January. Please check this website again by that date or alternatively, contact Ritches on the email link under this list.
* Bus loads are not full so no tags are required for these Routes.
Description (CLICK for Route times)
|1507*||Dairy Flat School and Waitoki|
|1509||Waimauku, Waitoki, PineValley|| BLUE
||Puhoi, Orewa North|
||Orewa College, KingsWay, Tahekaroa, UpperWaiwera||YELLOW
|KingsWay, Helensville, Wainui
Haruru & Pine Valley
Ritchies have route maps on their website but these are currently being updated. Should you have any queries regarding your bus route, please email Ritchies at email@example.com
In the afternoons the Ministry Stillwater Bus picks up Silverdale Primary students (a full load) at 3:00 p.m. to travel to Stillwater. This bus then returns to pick up from Orewa College at 3:35 p.m. KingsWay School and Stella Maris finish after 3:00 p.m. and so are provided a shuttle run to Orewa College from our bus bay from 3:25 p.m. This shuttles students to Orewa College to link with other bus services. The shared buses cannot change their Ministry set times to accommodate one or two families unfortunately and if the 3:00 p.m. bus were to wait the other bus services that are linked would see students to their destinations in an insufficiently timely manner (ie. student drop off times at Puhoi, Upper Waiwera and Warkworth would be beyond acceptable Ministry drop off times).
Warkworth Bus Route
Morning: Get on Gubbs Bus at Gubbs Bus depot at 7:40am or Wech Drive 7:42am. When bus arrives at the Puhoi Store get on to the Ritchies 1515. This bus will bring students to KingsWay School arriving at approx. 8:35am.
Afternoon: Get on the Ritchies bus 1514. At Orewa College transfer to Ritchies bus 1515. At Puhoi transfer to Gubbs bus at approx. 3:45pm. Gubbs bus can drop off at main office of Mahurangi College at approx. 4:10pm.
Bayes Cash fare prices:
- stage 1: $1.50
- stage 2: $2.00
- stage 3: $3.00
- stage 4: $3.50
- stage 5: $4.50
- stage 6: $5.00
CLICK HERE to view the fare changes brochure with comparisons of cash vs AT Hop card fares.
PLEASE NOTE to users of the MultiServe buses:
It is important to note that transport on MoE daily school bus routes is only for eligible students from home to nearest school.
- Students must not use any other bus without permission (ie. going to work or sports practice etc)
- Students are not allowed to take other students home with them (after school, weekends, parties etc)
- All students must be appear on the correct bus list
We are working to get the correct lists for Ministry Combined Services Bus routes and will be producing bus tags by 12 March after confirmation of the lists.